In the past weeks, reserachers from CSIC VioBio Lab led by prof. Susana Marcos and from University of Liverpool Biomechanical Engineering Group led by Prof. Ahmed Elsheikh have presented the progress of the IMCUSTOMEYE project in two European congresses of great impact within the optics and ophthalmology field.
The Spanish Optical Society (SEDOPTICA) triennial meeting (RNO) took place online this year. An average of 200 professionals participate in each RNO congress where the latest scientific and technological advances in the field are presented. This year’s RNO is organized by SEDOPTICA’s Women, Optics and Photonics Area. Here is IMCUSTOMEYE contribution to the congress:
- Birkenfeld, J., Abass, A., Alexandrov, S., Bronte-Ciriza, D., Curatolo, A., Eliasy, A., ... & Marcos, S. Applications of the ImTOPScanner for the investigation of ocular biomechanical parameters, XIII RNO (2021).
CXL Experts' Meeting is designed to bring delegates up-to-speed on the latest best-practices in corneal cross-linking for the treatment of ectasias and keratitis. Reserachers from the University of Liverpool presented several contributios at the meeting:
- Ashkan Eliasy, Prema Padmanabhan, Bernardo T Lopes, Haixia Zhang, Ahmed Abass, Ahmed Elsheikh. Cone Shape Change with Keratoconus Progression, CXL Experts' Meeting 2021
- Bernardo T Lopes, Prema Padmanabhan, Ashkan Eliasy, Haixia Zhang, Ahmed Abass, Ahmed Elsheikh. Corneal biomechanical deterioration with keratoconus progression assessed by the Stress-Strain Index, CXL Experts' Meeting 2021
- Ahmed Elsheikh, Bernardo T Lopes, Ashkan Eliasy, Haixia Zhang, Ahmed Abass, Prema Padmanabhan. Regional variation of corneal stiffness with Keratoconus progression assessed by the Stress-Strain Maps, CXL Experts' Meeting 2021
- Ahmed Abass, Bernardo T Lopes, Ashkan Eliasy, Ahmed Elsheikh. Estimated Corneal Remodelling in Response to Intracorneal Ring Segments, CXL Experts' Meeting 2021